Fast Track Family Business Programs
Fast Track Family Business Programs offered by Family Business Matters are designed to provide coaching and personalized guidance to a select group of family business owners who are highly dedicated to optimizing the future of their family business. Due to the intense nature of the Fast Track Family Business Programs, only certain students are offered the opportunity to participate.
The Four Phases of the Fast Track Family Business Programs Include:
Phase 1 – Education Phase:
- Family Business and Self-Awareness
- Why Families are Special and Different
- Ten Keys to Success in Family Business
- Family Genogram as a tool for understanding self and others
- Bowen Family Systems Theory
- Communications Skills
- Group Roles
- Listening Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Governance Structure in Family Business (Conceptual Model)
- International Best Practices For Family Business
- Golden Goose
- Grit Scale
- The Impact of Positive Psychology on Business Success
- The Happiness Advantage
Phase 2 – Planning Phase:
- Understanding Self. How is the best way for me to move forward as an independent person, defined by my choices and not those of others? – Create an Action Plan
- Understanding How to Groom Successors
- Getting what I need in terms of Professional Development
- Ideal Self Image
- Internalizing & Absorbing Herzberg’s Motivation Model
- Refining Listening Skills
- Maximizing Skills in Giving and Receiving Feedback
- “Good to Great” by Jim Collins
- Leadership Mastery
- Leadership Profiles – 1 to 5
- Stockdale Principal
- Hedgehog Principal
- “Built to Last” by Jim Collins and Jerry Porras
- Learn common practices that truly exceptional companies followed throughout their history, then apply those principles to the business owned by your family
- Create Your Fantasy of the Future
- “10,000 Hours” – The principle identified by Malcolm Gladwell
- Measuring One’s Maturity, then launching on a path to have it and maximize it
Phase 3 – Implementation Phase:
Creation of an Action Plan to realize goals. This is done in the context of the family enterprise owned by the individual’s family. The early stages of working in one’s family’s business can be a difficult transition. An outside coach/mentor can make the difference between a solid beginning and stunning success or a rocky start with a questionable finish.
Phase 4 – Mentoring Phase:
- Moving through the Action Plan
- Family Business Matters will be available to students throughout the program. This includes unlimited phone access for questions, support, guidance and additional in-person meetings as necessary.
The Family Business Journey
It’s important that the family members tasked with leading a family business be armed with all of the available tools that can help them manage all of the complex matters that will inevitably arise. Built on critical family business principals, the Fast Track Family Business Programs offered by Family Business Matters, provide a unique educational opportunity that help family business leaders establish boundaries and set defined job responsibilities and accountability. Family Business Matters provides a strong foundation for participants of the Fast Track Family Business Programs and then mentors and coaches family members as they transition through the various stages of working in their family business.
Does Your Family Business Need Help?
Family Business Matters has extensive experience assisting family businesses. With many decades of experience, we understand the wide variety of challenges that families face as they work together to build, grow and sustain a thriving family business generation after generation. Through conferences, continuing education programs, family business retreats, speaking engagements and private family business consulting services, Family Business Matters has assisted more than 450 family-owned businesses around the world chart their way through family business issues of all shapes and sizes.
For more information about Fast Track Family Business Programs, please contact us today at (970) 948-5077.